Musings on motherhood, ministry and the Eucharist.

Saturday, April 7, 2012

Hands-On Holy Week Part One: Flesh Eating Dinosaurs & Reluctant Disciples

 Jeff was out of town on Holy Thursday so I said a heart-felt Hail Mary and took all 3 children to the Mass of the Lord's Supper by myself.  Last year, when I wasn't so bold, and Jeff being out of town, the kids and I stayed home and did our own Holy Thursday service.  We read the Gospel and then washed eachother's feet around the prayer table.  It was a hit, and even though we were going to witness it at Mass, I wanted the kiddos, to have the experience again. 

When I told Jackson it was time to come in so we could do the "washing of the feet" he told me "No washing feet!  Never!"  He changed his mind after I told him that Peter had said the same thing to Jesus at the Last Supper.

With the help of new lacing cards, Jackson made it through the nearly 2 hour Mass with barely a hitch.  Don't think he wasn't listening while busily lacing away, though.  When the lector proclaimed the 1st Reading with the Passover instructions and got to the part about "slaughtering" the lamb and "eating the flesh."  Jackson looked up and said with a smile, "Dinosaurs eat flesh too!" 
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment