Musings on motherhood, ministry and the Eucharist.

Thursday, April 12, 2012

Liturgy of the Light

Last night our religious education program had a wonderful Liturgy of the Light prayer service to celebrate Easter.  The 7 year old components of my family watched in wonder, proclaimed scripture passages, and sang the songs.  The 3 year-old component lasted about 5 minutes before his father had to take him outside for a long walk.  I'm so thankful that in all of the chaos of those 5 minutes, my friend Clare captured this picture of Jackson and I together. 

I don't know what he remembers from those 5 minutes, (I remember him wiggling around, sword-fighting with the flowers he was supposed to carry in the opening procession, and trying to climb on my head) but somewhere in the midst of it he found a moment to crawl up on his mama's lap, snuggle into her neck and hopefully rest in love.  For just a minute . . . then it's off to find some more flowers to sword-fight with.  



Jessica proclaimed a reading from the Letter of Saint Paul to the Romans.  

No comments:

Post a Comment